This got me thinking about my current life-skills and how they could help me if I were ever sent back in time. I can cook, I can sew enough that I could fashion some fabric into some kind of garment, I kind of know how to grow vegetables (but I always murder them) - I think I could potentially survive if I didn't need to kill anything or light a fire.
I've also been thinking about the kinds of basic skills I don't have that I'd like to have. I wouldn't mind being able to make a fire from scratch or learning how to make bread from absolute scratch (grinding the flour then the rest). I think it's a bit sad how dependent we've become on machines and technology to live - but at the same time it saves lives and is awesome and is the entire reason I am able to write to you from my bed in the dark.
Here are the next 10 Question Tuesday questions
43. What does your name mean? Universal or whole in German.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space? Both would be amazing.
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Air: Bear (I have no fucking idea why)
Different: me (yay we're not rhyming any more)
Pink: stink (THIS IS BECAUSE I SNIFFED PINKS AWFUL PERFUME TODAY)
White: powah (I blame Cards Against Humanity)
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
There are so many dead people I'd love to meet - so many interesting and troubled minds who never knew just how renowned and admired they would be down the track. It makes me sad that they never knew how valuable their knowledge and work would become. I want to hug these people and tell them that they matter.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
As a geek and also a fangirl this list is tremendously long. Five of these people are: Stephen Fry, Brian Cox, Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and David Tennant.
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
There are a few, but I wouldn't because I wouldn't want to get sick of them.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
De-gas and an oxygen tank to do breathing. Probably my DS and some food and some kind of power point.. and probably a drill to make a hole in the floor to do my business. Why they hell would you plan to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week?
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
HERE IS A BONUS PICTURE OF MYSELF WITH A GIANT PENIS SHAPED ROCK